Monday, November 21, 2005

Almost Electrocuted

Worked in the apotheek (drug store) today, dealing with electricity like what I always do. Today I put 1 extra plug for the lab. Normaly it never went wrong.. I never turn off the electricity first, I'm sure I'm carefull enough when I do my work. But I don't know what happend today, perhaps my mind was somewhere else beyond the sea... So yeah, I got eletrocuted. First time in my life it happend for almost 2-3 sec. Usually 1/2-1 sec max (happend alot and I'm used to it).
The stupid thing was I didn't realize my left hand was still holding the ground cable (already pealed), while my right hand cuting the positive cable (brown). Almost all of my left hand palm burned (see the white spot with water inside). Luckily my finger tip is ok and I can still play piano, guitar, and type.


I was frozen for 10 minutes, cant do anything. Just sit and try to focus and went to the panel board, turned off the eletricity.. At least I learnt something: be sure there is no electricty when you work with cables.
I can't really explain the feeling i had. It was so hot, something tickling, my minds work but couldn't do anything to free myself. I think I was shocked by 1 phase (the +) so when it came to the negative I could free myself. If my left hand was holding 2 cables (ground and -) I think I will be dead by now... Thank God I'm ok, only a bit shocked and burned.