I look at the world and see no understanding
I'm waiting to find some sense of strength
I'm begging You from the bottom of my heart
to show me understanding
I need to live life
Like some people never will
So find me kindness
Find me beauty
Find me truth
When temptation brings me to my knees
And I lay here drained of strength
Show me kindness
Show me beauty
Show me truth
The way your heart sounds makes all the difference
It's what decides if you'll endure the pain that we all feel
The way your heart beats makes all the difference
In learning to live
Here before me is my soul
I'm learning to live
I won't give up till I've no more to give
Another chance to lift my life
Free the sensation in my heart
To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons
It brings inner peace within my mind,
As I'm lifted from where I've spilt my life
I hear an innocent voice
I hear kindness, beauty and truth
The way your heart sounds
makes all the difference
It's what decides if you'll endure the pain that we all feel
The way your heart beats
makes all the difference
In learning to live
Spread before you is your soul
So forever hold the dreams within our hearts
Through nature's inflexible grace
I'm learning to live