Friday, November 11, 2005

Cooking and Life

Some of us think (including me) cooking is a very nice work, great and useful hobby. I love cooking, creating something out of different ingredients, and different spices.
If you look carefully, cooking and living have some similar aspect. In cooking you use different spices such as salt, pepper, sugar. Those are the basic spices, but if you want more you can always add basilicum (Italians), ginger (some Indonesian cooking), etc. Why I called those spices as a basic spices? Its because all of those are used in every cooking in the world, no matter which country you came from you will know salt, sugar, pepper.
Well.. to use those spices you have to know how to combine them. Putting too much salt will make it too salty, putting too much sugar will make it so sweet then it will become bitter, putting too much paper will make it too spicy. So the perfect combination will make a perfect tasty dishes.
Lets take a look of our life. We have those spices as well and everything that is too much is never good. In my case I used too much pepper in the past so it became too spicy and hot. Lately I used too much sugar (really too much), too sweet then it become bitter. The bitterness stays in other ppl who tasted it. And sometimes I use too much salt as well, then it become too salty and it become 'garing'.. btw, there is a myth in Indonesia if you use too much salt it means that you are 'pengen kawin' (want to get married).. hahaha.
Making our life in a perfect balance is not as easy as making a perfect cooking... too much spices that we cant explain, strange combination of sweet and sour can be nice as well. So I need to learn more how to combine those thing in my life.. hehehe. I'm so exited about it.. Can't wait to make a perfect dish/life.