Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Not Dutch at all..!!!

Today I went to my office by train, my supervisor car were used by his wife. Well I never like to go to work with train, cost me more money and time... I took the 7.27 train to Almelo, then took the bus to my office. Worked from 8 to 17.30 as always.
But today was a little bit different than the normal day... My department has 6 ppl (including me and Jan as a stage student). Usually only 1 of us take the train and bus, but today 4 of us + 1 other stage student took the train. And the most amazing thing was the office closed at exactly 17.30, first time in couple of years I think... Usually there is always someone working overtime, but today none.. Completely empty!!!
5 of us wanted to go to the station to take the train. Yuri (one of my supervisors, half Indonesian) came with car, so he offered us to car pool, his car is old Mazda with 4 person seat.. and we were 6 ppl. So I said this is impossible.. He replied: Come on.. you came from Indonesia, how can you say this is impossible? Just hop in.
6 of us in a small car heading to the train station, he drove like an 'angkot' driver, that's the prove he is half Indonesian. Car was so full and crowded, we made jokes, mock each other, shouted to the girls, etc2... Hahaha, not Dutch at all... or at least normal Dutch bosses don't do that.
It was a nice experience to know how they can brake the Dutch law. Yup... law is made to be broken.. haha. If we crashed into something we wont get any insurance. I'm glad I'm still alive with his 'angkot' driving style (80 in 50 max street... hahaha).
Glad none of my co-workers are real Dutch.. haha.